Monday, October 8, 2012

REVOLUTION realization

So, my writing's been taking an enormous leap since I last posted. I was able to publish a new story up to both Smashwords and Amazon. Hopefully, they will be up on other sites soon.

So, I've been watching a new show on CBS called Revolution. The show's set in a dystopian future, where nothing electric works. A girl named Charlie's father gets killed in a scuffle in her little village, and has to go rescue her brother, Danny, from the clutches of the militia, run by the leader of their newly formed dictatorship, Monroe. It's interesting to watch this show, because there's not many like it.

Drama.
Complex plotlines.
Plus, action every 2 minutes, whether it be chased by vicious dogs or kicking Militia butt with just a sword. (The Militia has guns, by the way. Guns vs single swordsman. Yeah, Miles is just that awesome)

I think I'm attracted to the series because it's such a rare find in television today. Not to many action/adventure sagas to satisfy the people that love and fangirl over. I can't help but wonder how the creators came up with such a good blend of all my favorite parts of a story.

But, then I realize, they're doing the same as me. They started out with an idea, and fleshed it out to make it unique. Putting in bits and pieces of things that would spark the imagination, and pick out the opportune moments to leave observers on the edge of their seats when they have to take a break (i.e.- cliffhangers).

While I'm just starting out, and they are (probably) more experienced writers and directors, we're not so different when it comes down to our roots. We're just dreamers, and if their dream can come to fruition...
Why can't mine?
:)
-Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment